1.13.2014

GIRLS.

TV series: Girls is an American television series that began airing on HBO on April 15, 2012. Created by and starring Lena Dunham, Girls is a comedy-drama that follows a close group of twenty-somethings as they chart their lives in New York City.



I was among the many who were anxiously counting down in anticipation of season three's premiere of GIRLS last night. Alongside everybody else who instantaneously turned off the Golden Globes when the clock hit ten PM, I didn’t see Leonardo DiCaprio win.
I acknowledge my initial disappointed going into this season in view of Charlie no longer being around. He was always such a nice sight. But I’m pleased to see Adam and Hannah back together. I think they make a good pair. They’re the odd couple that balances each other out nicely. Last night demonstrated that Adam is relatively a sweet boyfriend.  He’s currently the good guy and I’m glad he’s not finishing last (please please don’t prove me wrong Adam). 
Marni has established herself as that exceptionally attractive friend we all have that depends on a man for happiness. We all know breakups are not easy, but common girl, pull it together. Be an independent lady. If you can’t manage to do that, then at least go find yourself a rebound to smile about. Stop crying in your tacos. Mexican food is too good to waste.
Shoshanna is contradicting. As serious as she wants herself to be, she is just that much more humorous. A control freak at its finest, yet always down to clown. If I was in a car on a mission and it randomly stopped because the driver wanted to benefit from the great outdoors and go on a hike, you better believe I would stomp my feet in protest. But Shosh was as happy as ever to comply.
I can’t yet comment on Jessa. Her behaviour gives me the urge to hug her and tell her that everything will be ok. On the bright side, at least she always looks great. Even when she has coffee thrown in her face. 
There are limitless (negative) commentaries concerning Hannah’s nakedness in this series therefore what would a season premiere be without Hannah’s naked body? I think it’s great to show off a woman who is empowered by her (socially) not so perfect body. If more women were as physically secure as Hannah, I’m sure the world would be a happier place. At least men would be in a happier world. You can’t deny that confidence is a key ingredient to great sex. 



The commencement of season three has reminded me that for twenty-two episodes now  I have attempted to discover my reason for being naturally interesting (like Hannah). I have yet to succeed...till' next week. 
Merde.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment